Monday, October 23, 2006

When fish fly

Danielle: A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?
Leonardo da Vinci: Then I shall have to make you wings.
Ever After

I'm not feeling particularly poetic today, but this struck me as beautiful. It doesn't matter if mountains stand in your way, if you love someone, you make it work; you figure it out. You walk through fire and snow and wind and rain to get to him, because he's it. He's the one.

But how do you know? Where's the big neon sign flashing above his head saying "Whitney's Prince?"

Ya know, really, I'm not sure I believe in sign's anymore. I've seen too many that led me astray that I quit trusting them, so what do I trust now? There's no sign, there's no angel on my shoulder to whisper to me and tell me, "This is it...you found him, you lucky girl."

So tell me, how do I know? I mean, I know how I feel, I know how my heart races, and how butterflies jump in my tummy and how the thought of him not being around makes me ill...but is that it? Is that enough to make a fish fly?

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)