Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Blind, butterfly faith

Doc: My dear, it appears that we may have to re-define the nature of our relationship.
Kate: I take care of you Doc. Haven't I always been a good woman to you?
Doc: Yes, yes you have always been a good woman to me. Then again, you may be the Anti-Christ.

Can you guess the movie that came from? You're right...Tombstone...one of the greatest and most quote-worthy movies of all time. I ran across this quote today and I started thinking about it...Doc's right...she's always been good to him, but really...she could be the Anti-Christ...or at the very least a lying, cheating, woman of ill-repute...well she is a woman of ill-repute, but the lying and cheating thing was never really confirmed...but I digress...there's a lesson here if we look hard enough.

We don't really know who we're falling in love with. We fall in love with butterflies and hope they multiply and don't fly away. We fall in love on faith, and hope that it all works out all right. We fall in love hoping that he's prince charming, but knowing that he may not be. We fall in love not knowing where this love may take us. We fall blindly, and hope that someone's waiting to catch us.

And the beautiful thing is, we do it anyway.

That's what makes love so worthwhile. That blind, butterfly faith that gives us hope that the one we love is the right one. That he isn't the Anti-Christ...or a man of ill-repute.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)