Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just be

I have great friends. In fact, I'd venture to say that I have the best set of friends ever. My friends are all very different, but all very smart and I gain little pieces of advice from all of them.

Last night, my dear friend, Cheesecake Donna, shared some wisdom with me.

She said, and I quote, "Whitney, sometimes it's okay to just 'be.'"

Wow...heavy stuff folks...

My whole life I've been trying to define myself or my relationships or where I was headed in life, but recently I've discovered the beauty of just 'being.' I don't know where I'm headed, and I don't know who I'll be with in the end, but I know that right now, I have the best friends in the world, I'm living a life that makes me feel strong and independent and I know that I've been an actress in my very own love story...and really, isn't that enough?

Now, I haven't made a complete turnaround...I'm still impatient, I still need to know how my story ends, and I still want to look into a crystal ball and see who and where my Prince Charming is...but for now, I'm content to just 'be.'

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)