Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Then it will be perfect...

"If you wait too long for the perfect moment, the perfect moment will pass you by."

How much do I love that quote? Maybe because it doesn't really encourage patience. Or at least over-patience. It's sort of like the saying, "God helps those who help themselves." You can't sit around and wait for good things to happen, or wait for the perfect job, perfect love or perfect life. Perfection may not be what you perceive it to be. God's idea of perfection and your idea of perfection are probably two different things. I guess you just have to trust in Him and go with your gut feeling instead of trying to follow a plan that you've made for yourself.

This is a hard concept for me to grasp. I know what I want, but maybe it's not what I need. Or maybe what I want IS what I need, I just don't need it right now. I don't want my perfect moment, or perfect person, to pass me by just because I didn't think it was what I needed, or wanted, at the time. I want to be open to all the perfection God sends my way, and I want to be able to embrace whatever He gives me without comparing it to anything else.

Then it will be perfect.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)