Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Two hearts

We're born with two hearts. The one the doctor listens to when we're hanging out in his office, and the one that we're supposed to listen to.

The one that the doctor checks is relatively easy to care for. You go to the doctor once in a while, he does a quick listen, asks a few questions, and everything is fine. If he thinks your heart is acting up, he tells you what to do to fix it. Eat better, exercise more, take a pill...whatever he perscribes can usually do the trick.

But what about your other heart? What do you do when you can't hear it? There's no doctor to help you with it, because you're the only one who hears it. There's no medical journal that lists the ways to deal with your second heart, because you're the only one who knows how it feels. There's no drug on the market that can make it better, because the pain isn't tangible.

You're the one who listens for it, and you're the one who notices when you can't hear it. It's up to you to fix it...it's up to you to decide why your silent heart isn't talking.

And I can't decide what's going on with my second heart...is it really just being quiet, or have I stopped listening?

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)