Monday, December 18, 2006

Until love happens to me

K...so I'm trying to cheer up. Trying to get out of this icky place I've been in.

And I get a call.

Yep...another engagement.

Now, please, please, please don't get me wrong. I'm so happy for them. They are two very beautiful people, two very deserving people and I'm so, so glad that they found each other. I knew they'd end up together long before either of them knew it, and I'm so happy that they're in love and engaged...

BUT...I can't help thinking, when is it my turn?

Now, in all honesty, if I was just looking for a ring, I could have had that by now, but it's not just the ring I want. I want it all. I want the butterflies and the giggles and the comfort and even the hard times...because I know that with my guy, even the not so good times will be special and loving and will help make us stronger...

But until then, I wait...and I wonder...and I wish on stars and throw pennies in wishing wells. I cross my fingers on every first date and say a little prayer before he picks me up, because I want him to be The One. I want him to be my Prince Charming.

And I guess I'll keep doing that until love happens to me.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)