Thursday, November 30, 2006

My first snow...

Patty: Try to catch snowflakes on your tongue. It's fun.
Linus Van Pelt: Mmm. Needs sugar.
Lucy Van Pelt: It's too early. I never eat December snowflakes. I always wait until January.
~A Charlie Brown Christmas~


I've decided that snow is a lot like love for me. The first one is good, but it isn't always sweet...
I will never forget the first time I fell. To me, he was perfect. The beginning was so surreal and so perfcet that I had no choice but to fall head over heals in love with him. Months later when he turned ugly and mean, I was already sure he was my forever guy and so I put up with it. I had decided that I would be with him forever, so any obstacles we encountered, I was ready to deal with.

But he wasn't.

He was my first love...my first snow...and now that I've had my taste, I know to wait until the sweeter stuff comes along.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)