Saturday, November 18, 2006

I'm no poet

I'm a writer, but I'm not a poet...but one time, and for just a little bit, on February 17, 2000 (I wrote the date down, because I knew I'd probably never write another poem, and I didn't want to forget when this one happened) I was a poet...a mediocre poet, but a poet nonetheless. Even though I wrote it almost 7 years ago, sometimes I still have to go back to it, and read it, and remember how I was feeling when I wrote it...it gets me back on track, and it helps me deal with the hundreds of questions I have...

I'm searching for a spiritual release
I need to find an inner peace
I stand alone, looking for Him
But still I am dark, deep within

I'm searching for a place of my own
A heart, a soul that I can call my home
I stand alone hoping for Him,
But still I am afraid deep within

I was searching alone for all of these things
Believing that they were mine to obtain
But now I stand with Him in the Light
And now I know the meaning of the fight

I alone could not be saved
From my dark, lonely cave
I had to give up and surrender all
Before He could answer my call…

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)