Thursday, September 7, 2006

Love isn't enough

Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone-but not the complete structrue.
-Bette Davis

There you have it, folks.

Love is NOT enough.

Ya know, in the movies they sell us on the theory that all we need is love. Hell, there was even a song about it. But the fact of the matter is, love is all you need to start out, but eventually there has to be more to it.

This goes back to my theory on why we fall in love at the beginning of a relationship when we only have a few of the facts, instead of at the end when we have full knowledge of everything about the other person.

No, love isn't enough.

But love is the beginning. Love is what helps you build the strong foundation; love is what gets you through the fights and the not-so-fantastic times; love is what allows you to look past the fact that he's a dirty, messy, nasty boy. Love is what leads you through the sickness and health, the good, the bad and the ugly. Love makes it possible for you to build the relationship you need, because without love, would we endure the tears, the fights and the stress that a relationship brings? I think not.

Love may not be enough, but it's enough to get started.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)