Friday, September 22, 2006

'Cuz that's His philosophy

So, C got his feelings hurt because I haven't mentioned any of his quotes in my blog. That's because usually they're just mean, not constructive, but he gave me a decent one today, so here goes.

"Don't let philosophy dictate your actions/decisions."

To understand that little piece of advice, let's first disect the quote. Webster's defines "philosophy" as "a system of principles for guidance." Or, to put it simply, your philosophy is like your map, your blue print. You use it to guide your actions.
Oh...this is good, I think we're getting somewhere here.

Why have a philosophy if you're not going to use it? That's like having a perfectly good bed but choosing to sleep on the floor every night...not sane at all. That's what a philosophy is for. That's why we have one, or at least that's the reason I have one.

True, everyone's philosophy is different. Willie Nelson's is "get high...a lot." Bill Clinton's? "Get it while you can." Mine? Well, I have a lot of them, but the main idea is to love as much as I can. To be as kind as I can to those around me. To protect and take care of the people I care about, and to understand that there are things I can't do. There are things I have no control over, but that God has His eye on me, and He'll make sure it all works.

'Cuz that's His philosophy."

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)