Friday, August 11, 2006

Thanks, Carl

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." Carl Sagan

I found this today, and I fell in love with it.

Those of you who know me well know that I question everything, and recently I've questioned the fact that I'm a questioner.

Does it mean that I have no faith? Does it mean that I'm never satisfied? Does it mean that I search too hard for an answer, when I should really just relax and let it all play out?

But I read the quote, and I started thinking. You know, my questioning nature is really a gift that I've been given. It allows me to gain a deeper and more beautiful understanding of myself and those around me.My questioning allows me to be sure of what I want and what I need and what I dont. My questioning allows me to know why I believe what I believe. My questioning makes me more confident in myself and my beliefs; it gives me peace of mind...and as Carl Sagan said, it makes me courageous...and I like that...thanks, Carl.

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)