Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Rainbows...

L is smart.
Today she said something to me that will stay with me for the rest of my life; "Anything amazingly wonderful comes with a little bit of pain."
When she said this, she was referring to child-birth, but this really hit a chord with me, and I thought back to all of the amazingly wonderful events in my life. My first day of kindergarten, my first day behind the wheel of my truck, the day my parents left me at college...all of those things were, at the time, incredibly difficult and scary for me, and yes, a little painful, but they ended up being so beautiful, so worthwhile, and so important. Those events shaped me and molded me into the kickass girl I am today. Without them, I wouldn't be able to see the beauty in the really great times in my life. Even the heartbreaks turned into something beautiful. The person I am today is the rainbow after the tornado. There are times when those heartbreaks still sting, when I'm still picking up debris from my personal tornado, but for the most part, this rainbow is vibrant and strong...beautiful and bright...reaching toward her pot of gold at the end...

No comments:

Thank you

Readers~It means so much to me that you read what's written here. Writing is such a wonderful outlet for me and I truly love to do it, but it means a great deal to me that there are people out there that read what I write. Your comments, both positive and constructive, are treasured by me. I guess it's just nice to know that someone is listening. So thank you...and I love you :)